Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year Resolutions

Every year people make promises for the new year. Things like, "I will get into shape" or "I will not spend as much money" or even "I will change everything I do not like about my self!" And all though some of those things maybe good to do, how many times do we keep them? Sure we do for a while, maybe make it past the month of January but after that, who knows?

I want to share something with you;

Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again rejoice!
Let your gentleness be evident to all. the Lord is near.
Do not be anxious about anything but in everything, by
prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will gaurd
your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Finally. Brothers, Whatever is true, whatever is noble,
whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely,
whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy -
think about such things. What ever you have learned or recieved,
or heard from me, or seen in me - put it to practice, And the God of peace
will be with you.
Philippians 4:4-9

This is one of my favorite texts from the bible. My favorite verse is verse 4. Rejoice in the Lord Always I will say it again Rejoice! I remember it the most on New years, because when people are making resolutions it reminds me that no matter what happens in the New year, whether good or bad, I have to rejoice in the Lord. And what a wonderful thing that is to do. To REJOICE. Rejoice in him that I am alive, that I am going to school, that I have friends.
I look back on this year and I try to think of if I rejoiced enough. And I think to my self you can never rejoice enough. So If I were to make a resolution it would not be to change the way I look, or the way I act. It would be to make sure I rejoice about everything, and I never forget who created me, who molded and shaped me to be in his image. And to Rejoice in Him ALWAYS!

No comments: