Friday, July 29, 2005

Home from Camp

So I am home from a delightful week at camp. How can anyone say that camp is no fun. Well it was AWESOME!!! maybe it had to do with the fact that I was right in my element, but who knows. I am so glad God has given me the ability to work with people with special needs.
It is just an amazing and rewarding experiance. I have so many stories, but its kind of funny because you really do not think they are funny or entertaining unless you are there. I think thats what is so special about camp. You get to learn something and experiance something that no one else will. Sure all the other councellers are there to learn and experiance but it is different for them. OH the joys. So I was my usual self (crazy) and took part in some fun games. I was an alien for the carnival night and was the game show host (my favorite) for the Game show night. I got to dress as a guy and the guy councellers were girls (oh it was so funny!) We also got our fair share of pranks done this weekend. One including grasshoppers in our beds. (shiver and yuck) But some how, it was funny. OH the Kids were amazing and once again taught me alot about myself. There was also a music therapist there one evening so I got to talk to her. It was so cool to hear what she had to say, especially since that is what I want to do with my life. Yeah yeah yeah.

I thank God for this wonderful week! Without Him I would never have been able to do it!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!

No comments: