Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines day!

So today is Valentines day... Or as I like to call it "Singles Awareness Day!" Anyway this post is not deticated to a rant. (although...) But instead I wanted to share something I heard, something that is true. Did you know what we all have a valentine, wheither we are single or not? Yep, I am thinking about Jesus. I mean He gave the ultimite gift. He loved us SOOO much that He died for us. I know that valentines day is so that we can show those we love how much we love them. Thats why Jesus gave us this increadable gift, so we can live in him. It is so much better then flowers and candy, and all the other stuff you can get for valentines day. So today, when you are thinking about what to give your valentine, to show them how much you love them, Stop and think about the ultimate valentine present, and Praise God! Give Him the present of Praise and Worship.


How deep the Father’s love for us

How vast beyond all measure

That He should give His only Son

To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss

The Father turns His face away

As wounds which mar the Chosen One

Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon the cross

My sin upon His shoulders

Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice

Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there

Until it was accomplished

His dying breath has brought me life

I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything

No gifts, no power, no wisdom

But I will boast in Jesus Christ

His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?

I cannot give an answer

But this I know with all my heart

His wounds have paid my ransom

No comments: